Young orchestras from around the country are taking part in the Orchestra America program at the Music for All National Honors Festival this week in Indianapolis.
The program, which has a mission to shine "a national spotlight on scholastic orchestras," offers more than just an evaluated performance opportunity for its participating ensembles. The students also get to observe other performances and work directly with professional musicians, which includes members of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Watch the 2018 Orchestra America National Festival LIVE on FloVoice
Currently under the direction of Maestro Krzysztof Urbanski, who was the youngest director in the world at the time of his appointment, the ISO’s storied history dates back to 1930 and it is considered one of the nation’s most renowned orchestras.
Feeding into its mission to “inspire, entertain, educate, and challenge,” ISO's accomplished musicians will lend their talents to work with students from:
- New World Youth Symphony Orchestra of Indianapolis
- Seven Lakes High School Combined Orchestras of Katy, Texas
- Klein Collins High School Symphony Orchestra of Klein, Texas
- Hanford High School Symphony Orchestra of Richland, WA
- Hildebrandt Intermediate Chamber Orchestra of Spring, Texas
- Hanford High School String Orchestra of Richland, WA
- Beck Junior High Chamber Orchestra of Katy, Texas
Watch these young orchestras perform LIVE on FloVoice, starting Thursday, March 15, at 5 PM EDT. They’ll perform from the home of the ISO, the Hilbert Circle Theatre.