Young People's Chorus Of NYC Holds Annual Concert & Graduation
The virtuosic and exciting concert features over 400 young singers and has been described by the New York Times as "marvelous" and "irresistible."
YPC Spring Celebration Concert Teaser
It is the mission of the Young People's Chorus to "provide children of all cultural and economic backgrounds with a unique program of music education and choral performance that seeks to fulfill each child's potential while creating a model of artistic excellence and diversity that enriches the community."
Since 1988, the Young People's Chorus of New York City (YPC) has had a significant impact on thousands of children and their communities by:
- Providing over 1,000 children each year from a diverse spectrum of cultural and economic backgrounds with innovative vocal music education.
- Offering YPC's College Bound Program, ensuring 100 percent of YPC graduates attend college.
- Redefining what can be expected from young voices in the vocal music field by raising the level of artistry and performance for children.
- Expanding and invigorating today's repertoire for children's choruses, with over 100 commissions and premieres by some of the world's most distinguished composers, many of whom had not previously written for a youth chorus.
- Reaching and inspiring millions of listeners annually through performances at national and international concert halls, radio, and TV programs, recordings, and more.
- Giving choristers the chance to travel across the U.S. and world for concerts and competitions and collaborate with children and audiences from different cultures.
- Providing thousands of children with a path to success, while connecting with people from all walks of life.
Please note that graduation will take place at the 2 PM performance only.
You can find more of YPC's music HERE!
Subscribe to the FloVoice Newsletter to never miss a note!